Annual Events in East Rochester
- Fire Department Easter Egg Hunt
- March 30th, 8:30 am. This annual event is for all East Rochester residents ages 10 and under. Rain or shine. Come get pictures with the Easter Bunny.
- May 18th, 9:00 - noon. Kicked off in 2007 to spruce up the Village and prepare for the Annual memorial Day parade. Volunteers meet at Village Hall, 120 W. Commercial Street where work areas will be assigned to pick up litter in the Village. Proper safety gear and brightly colored tee shirts will be provided to all that participate. Lunch is provided at the conclusion of the event. Please visit www.eastrochester.org for more information.
- Memorial Day Parade & Ceremony
- May 25th, 10:30 am. A day of remembrance for those who have died in our nationís service. Beginning at Debbie Supply, 453 W. Commercial St., many Veterans, marching bands and youth sports teams participate. At the conclusion of the parade, a memorial ceremony is held at the Gazebo in Edmund Lyon Park, 750 Main St.
- Festa Italia
- This event takes place from Thursday, June 6th, thru Saturday, June 8th, when Edmund Lyon Park and the Town/Village of East Rochester will host a true taste of Italy! Expect some of the area's finest restaurants and bakers to present flavorful specialties, and you'll also want to enjoy cooking demonstrations, children's activities, live entertainment including national acts and local area bands throughout each day. In addition to the main tent, there will be a show tent that will present some of the area's top bands including Unlimited, Me & The Boys, The Coupe DeVilles and more to be announced. Get your team together for the Bocce Ball Invitational Tournament in the Park. Applications will be on the website. Volunteers and sponsors are listed on our website. For more information, please visit our website at www.festaitaliaER.com or call 585-723-3334. Think Italian and think food, entertainment and music for all to enjoy! Hours will be 11:00 AM -11:00 PM Thursday — Saturday. Children 16 and under admitted free with an adult.
- Summer Concert Series
- Dates, times, and locations TBA. This is a free concert series featuring local talent held during the early evening hours. Please visit www.eastrochester.org for more information.
- Fireman's Field Days Carnival
- July 25th - July 28th. Held at East Rochester School Campus, 200 Woodbine Ave. Open to the public. This traveling carnival has rides, games and food for all ages. Awesome fireworks displays adorn n the sky on Sat. at dark.
- Karknocker 5K Race
- July 27th, 9:00 am. 16th Annual event sponsored by the Chamber of Commerce and open to the public. 5K race through the Village on a USATF certified course. Prize money and medals will be awarded. This was a 2012 Rochester Runner of the Year series race. For registration forms visit www.eastrochester.org. or www.pcr-timing.com
- Kiddie Parade
- July 27th, 10:30 am Participants meet at Village Hall, 120 W. Commercial Street and walk the parade route to the School Campus where goodie bags, refreshments, and entertainment (TBA) will be provided. Prizes will be awarded in various costume categories.
- Fireman's Field Days Parade
- July 27th - 6:30 PM Begins at Debbie Supply, 453 W. Commercial Street. Fire and rescue agencies from the surrounding counties come to celebrate East Rochesterís Field Days. Honored guests, marching bands & fire and rescue crews bring their apparatus to be viewed by all on a parade route through the Village and ending at the Field Days Carnival, 200 Woodbine Ave.
- Youth Center Halloween Party
- Date/Time TBA. Held in the Quinzi Lodge at Eyer Park, 200 Wilson Ave. Fun activities include crafts, games, donuts and cider for East Rochester residents pre-school- 5th grade. Costumes are encouraged.
- Veteran's Day Ceremony
- Nov. 11th, 11:00 am American Legion Post #1917, local, county and state officials along with the public honor local, armed service veterans. Ceremony held at the Gazebo at Edmund Lyon Park, 750 Main Street in view of "The Station of Hero's".
- Advent Tree Lighting Ceremony
- Dec. 1st, 5:00 pm. Held at Edmund Lyon Park, 750 Main Street (location may change due to inclement weather) Open to the public. Sponsored by the Town/Village of East Rochester and the Association of Churches kicking off the Advent Season.
- Advent Craft Show
- December 7th, 9:00 am Held annually at East Rochester School Campus, 200 Woodbine Avenue. Sponsored by the Town/Village and the East Rochester Association of Churches. Crafts made by vendors from all over the county. Proceeds to benefit the E. Rochester Community Resource Center.
- Christmas Round-the-World
- December 14th, 10:00 am - 3:00 pm. Sponsored by the Chamber of Commerce, the East Rochester School District and the Town/Village. This event celebrates Christmas ĎRound the Village. Providing horse drawn carriage rides, caroling and a visit from Santa & Mrs. Claus. Please visit www.eastrochester.org for more information.
Click Here To Watch