2014 Annual Events in East Rochester
- Fire Department Easter Egg Hunt
- April 19th, 8:30 am. This annual event is for all East Rochester residents ages 10 and under. Rain or shine. Come get pictures with the Easter Bunny.
- May 17th, 9:00 - noon. 7th Annual event to spruce up the Town/Village and prepare for the Annual Memorial Day parade. Volunteers meet at Municipal Offices, 120 W. Commercial Street where work areas will be assigned to pick up litter in the Town/Village. Proper safety gear and brightly colored tee shirts will be provided to all that participate. Lunch is provided at the conclusion of the event. Please visit www.eastrochester.org for more information and to register.
- Memorial Day Parade & Ceremony
- May 24th, 10:30 am. A day of remembrance for those who have died in our nation's service. Beginning at Debbie Supply, 453 W. Commercial St., many Veterans, marching bands and youth sports teams participate. At the conclusion of the parade, a memorial ceremony is held at the Gazebo in Edmund Lyon Park, 750 Main St.
- Summer Concert Series
- This is a free concert series featuring local talent held during the early evening hours. Please visit www.eastrochester.org for more information.
June 11 — Wild Horses — Rolling Stones Cover Band
June 25 — The Party Band — Party Rock
July 9 — Smoke House — Rock, Blues and R&B
July 23 — Mr. Mustard — Beatles ~ Beatles ~ Beatles
Aug 6 — Code Five Rock — Oldies & Country
Aug 20 — Red Eyed Jack — Modern Rock & Country
- Fireman's Field Days Carnival
- July 24th - July 26th. Held at East Rochester School Campus, 200 Woodbine Ave. Open to the public. This traveling carnival has rides, games and food for all ages. Awesome fireworks displays adorn n the sky on Sat. at dark.
- Karknocker 5K Race
- July 25th, 7:00 pm. 17th Annual event sponsored by the Chamber of Commerce and open to the public. 5K race through the Town/Village on a USATF certified course. Prize money and medals will be awarded. For registration forms visit www.eastrochester.org or www.erchamber.org. or www.pcr-timing.com
- Kiddie Parade
- July 26th, 10:30 am Participants meet at Municipal Offices, 120 W. Commercial Street and walk the parade route to the School Campus where goodie bags, refreshments, and entertainment (TBA) will be provided. Prizes will be awarded in various costume categories.
- Fireman's Field Days Parade
- July 26th, 6:30 pm Begins at Debbie Supply, 453 W. Commercial Street. Fire and rescue agencies from the surrounding counties come to celebrate East Rochester's Field Days. Honored guests, marching bands & fire and rescue crews bring their apparatus to be viewed by all on a parade route through the Town/Village and ending at the Field Days Carnival, 200 Woodbine Avenue.
- Scare Brain Cancer 5K
- October 25th, 2014 6th Annual Scare Brain Cancer Away Run/Walk October 25th, 2014 Registration begins at 7:00 am, Race Start at 9:00 am. 5K race through the Town/Village on a USATF certified course #NY13123KL. T-Shirts to 1st 200 registrants & Prize money awarded. 2014 RROY Series race. For registration forms visit or www.pcr-timing.com
- Youth Center Halloween Party
- Date/Time TBA. Held in the Quinzi Lodge at Eyer Park, 200 Wilson Ave. Fun activities include crafts, games, donuts and cider for East Rochester residents pre-school- 5th grade. Costumes are encouraged.
- Veteran's Day Ceremony
- Nov. 11th, 11:00 am American Legion Post #1917, local, county and state officials along with the public honor local, armed service veterans. Ceremony held at the Gazebo at Edmund Lyon Park, 750 Main Street in view of "The Station of Hero's".
- Advent Tree Lighting Ceremony
- November 30th, 5:00 pm. Held at Verzella Gazebo in Edmund Lyon Park, 750 Main Street (location may change due to inclement weather) Open to the public. Sponsored by the Association of Churches and supported by the Town/Village of East Rochester to kick off the Advent Season.
- Advent Craft Show
- December 13th, 9:00 am Held annually at East Rochester School Campus, 200 Woodbine Avenue. Sponsored by the Association of Churches and supported by the Town/Village and the East Rochester. Crafts made by vendors from all over the county. Proceeds to benefit the East Rochester Community Resource Center.
- East Rochester Christmas Festival
- December 13th, 10:00 am - 6:00 pm. Sponsored by the Chamber of Commerce, the East Rochester School District and the Town/Village. This event celebrates the season of Joy and Happiness & Family. Providing horse drawn carriage rides, caroling and a visit from Santa & Mrs. Claus and much, much more. Please visit www.eastrochester.org for more information.
Click Here To Watch